Sunday, March 31, 2013

Relationships

   I have been through a lot since my divorce and I have learned a lot about myself and what is important.  Most of all I have learned that the things I thought were important are not.  The things we take for granted are the same things we should cherish. At the moment I am missing my kids and all the moments I should be having. I have made mistakes and and realize the true relationships in your life will look past them and lift you up while being brutally honest and hold your hand through those times that are good and not so pretty. The superficial will fade away and run at the first moment of trouble. As of right now I am with someone that I truly care about and even though we are going through a rough time and I'm not sure we are gonna work it out I am in it for real and want more than anything to take those things that I  need to work on and honestly give it my all. I don't want to take anything for granted and give everything I have so that in the end I know I gave it my all. It is also interesting to me how we have turned our relationships into a media based superficial platform and communicate through the computer or text. I understand they are tools and with our bust lives it is easy to get caught up in the this form of communication but I also think that we have to make an effort to make real connections in our relationships. Although I do admit I am just as guilty as the next person in this area, I also am realizing that I am taking certain things for granted and making an effort to take time for the people and relationships that mean the most to me.

1 comments:

JBlock22 said...

Amy,

It's easy to see you have a great outlook on life, even after everything it seems you have been through. If you want something enough, and believe in it and put in the work that needs to be done, anything is possible. Never give up on something, or someone, you believe in!

Also, technology makes it easy with its convenience to never have to really have face to face interactions anymore. It's important for us to remember that while the convenience is nice, it is imperative that we still communicate and see each other in person, as no amount of texts, emails, or wall posts can replace that.