Thursday, January 28, 2010
Posted by Amy McDonnell at 10:59 AM
Monday, January 18, 2010
It is amazing to me how we so easily use words to express things. for instance Love. Love is a powerful word that is really used so loosely. for example people say they Love ice cream when really strongly like it it. if we really research the word love and not take the word for granted when we say it, it would mean something............
Think about it......
Posted by Amy McDonnell at 7:23 PM
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Ugh i woke up this morning with a migraine!!!!!! So of course my day has been completely thrown off but im feeling a bit better so i was able to work on some business stuff. So as of today i am a student at SPRING ARBOR UNIVERSITY!!!! this means Terry and i are in school. Terry has already started school at ITT tech and is doing very well with a 3.8 gpa. I start on feb 9. i am so excited and am praying that God will bring peace and we will have good balance in in our schedules. I have a real peace but i will have to make adjustments to our family schedule.
Posted by Amy McDonnell at 2:34 PM
Monday, January 11, 2010
We have been living in a home that really not an open door from the Lord but i am now realizing was a door we kicked in because we thought was the answer. Big lesson in that one. Anyway we are in a two bedroom duplex and it is not working yet I am trying be content in the here and now.I reaLLy want a house. i want some room and really feel like I have been stretched in ways that i never would had i not lived here. As much as I like linden and really do not want to move school districts again i feel like i have found a home for my family that really for us to move into has have doors open us for us to move into. i am believing God for this unbelievable home. it does not look that big but it is huge and really cute inside and everything i have asked for in a home.
4 big bedrooms
main floor laundry
A NICE SIZE LIVING ROOM
It is not fancy but it feels like home the minute i stepped into it.
we are praying that the doors apen and that if they are shut that we in faith remain content where we are and know that God hAS SOMETHING BETTER for us.
5 Thus says the LORD:
“ Cursed is the man who trusts in man
And makes flesh his strength,
Whose heart departs from the LORD.
6 For he shall be like a shrub in the desert,
And shall not see when good comes,
But shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness,
In a salt land which is not inhabited.
7 “ Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
And whose hope is the LORD.
8 For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters,
Which spreads out its roots by the river,
And will not fearb]">[b] when heat comes;
But its leaf will be green,
And will not be anxious in the year of drought,
Nor will cease from yielding fruit.
Posted by Amy McDonnell at 9:28 AM
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Posted by Amy McDonnell at 9:54 PM
This year I sharing in the theme of living simple and in that I have really been thinking about ways to improve communication and issues within our family that we struggled with personally and as a family. One of those things for me is setting priorities and communication. This morning i was listening to the radio and they were talk about positive things you say to your kids. here is the list they put on their website:
Nineteen things to say to your children...
- I love you! There is nothing that will make me stop loving you. Nothing you could do or say or think will ever change that.
- You are amazing! I look at you with wonder! Not just at what you can do, but who you are. There is no one like you. No one!
- It's all right to cry. People cry for all kinds of reasons: when they are hurt, sad, glad, or worried; when they are angry, afraid, or lonely. Big people cry too. I do.
- You've made a mistake. That was wrong. People make mistakes. I do. Is it something we can fix? What can we do? It's all over. You can start fresh. I know you are sorry. I forgive you.
- You did the right thing. That was scary or hard. Even though it wasn't easy, you did it. I am proud of you; you should be too.
- I'm sorry. Forgive me. I made a mistake.
- You can change your mind. It's good to decide, but it is also fine to change.
- What a great idea! You were really thinking! How did you come up with that? Tell me more. Your mind is clever!
- That was kind. You did something helpful and thoughtful for that person. That must make you feel good inside. Thank you!
- I have a surprise for you. It's not your birthday. It's for no reason at all. Just a surprise, a little one, but a surprise.
- I can wait. We have time. You don't have to hurry this time.
- What would you like to do? It's your turn to pick. You have great ideas. It's important to follow your special interests.
- Tell me about it. I'd like to hear more. And then what happened? I'll listen.
- I'm right here. I won't leave without saying good-bye. I am watching you. I am listening to you.
- Please and Thank You. These are important words. If I forget to use them, will you remind me?
- I missed you. I think about you when we are not together!
- Just try. A little bit. One taste, one step. You might like it. Let's see. I'll help you if you need it. I think you can do it.
- I'll help you. I heard you call me, here I am. How can I help you? If we both work together, we can get this done. I know you can do it by yourself, but I'm glad to help since you asked.
- What do you wish for? Even if it's not yet time for birthday candles and we don't have a wishbone, it's still fun to hear about what you wish for, hope for, and dream about.
we can never realize how much our words impact our kids or anyone around us.
one of my best friends had this for her status on facebook the other day and it is so true.
Four things you can't recover: The stone...after the throw. The word...after it's said. The occasion...after it's missed. The time...after it's gone. ♥think about it...........
Posted by Amy McDonnell at 1:34 PM
This song really spoke to me this morning.
its called Sweetly Broken by Jeremy Riddle
At the cross You beckon me
You draw me gently to my knees, and I am
Lost for words, so lost in love,
Im sweetly broken, wholly surrendered
What a priceless gift, undeserved life
Have I been given
Through Christ crucified
Youve called me out of death
Youve called me into life
And I was under Your wrath
Now through the cross Im reconciled
Posted by Amy McDonnell at 1:27 PM
Monday, January 4, 2010
God is most glorified in us when we are most SATISFIED in Him...... unknown
Posted by Amy McDonnell at 3:07 PM
okok I know I have been seriously slacking and I know that i really need to get on the ball with so many things. I have been in a slight state of depression for some unknown reason and through the holidays. Yuk. But i have to say that we did have a wonderful Christmas despite the fact that it was different not having Aunt Wendy here to celebrate with us. We were so blessed this year yet again. The kids were spoiled as usual. unfortunely I didn't get very good pics this year (sorry mom:()
Posted by Amy McDonnell at 2:44 PM